I’m pretty darn sure someone could make a living by buying items off Craigslist them reselling them on Ebay. It’s not glamorous, but should bring in some decent cash in short order.
1. Go to Craigslist’s Electronics category.
2. Look for items that aren’t complete crap.
3. Search to see what the same item is going for on Ebay. For example, this person is selling an XM radio for $40 (obo) that sells for $50 to $70 on Ebay.
4. Make an offer for ~ half of what the item sells for on Ebay. You won’t get them all, but you’ll get quite a few at this price point if you’re fast and courteous.
5. Take a picture, then reuse the ebay listing for the previously highest closing auction for the exact same product (click on Completed Auctions to find it), copy the listing and post your sale. It’s a time saver and is probably well written.
6. Sell, repeat.
There you have it.
You may be able to turn this up another notch by getting the Craigslist sellers to ship stuff to your Ebay buyers. Could be a time saver. Give it a try.