Over the eight hours I spent at Machu Picchu today, I learned a few things about going to the bathroom:
– The only bathrooms are outside the ruins, so you may be a LONG way from the nearest bathroom at times. Like, more than a mile if you hike up the Inca trail to the Sun Gate.
– Bathroom visit costs vary from 33 cents (1 Peruvian Sole for public restroom) to $33 (with lunch buffet) to $900/night (Sanctuary Hotel)
– If you take the public route, you have to decide how much TP you’re going to need before heading in. The cashier controls the rolls.
– If you’d like it folded, you’ll have to fold the TP yourself.
– You get a receipt! To clarify, this is a receipt for your payment; not a receipt for your deposit.