I was thinking the other day about what sort of things kids born now won’t understand unless we take the time to explain them to them.
1. Coffee used to be sold by the pound in 1 pound bags.
2. Milk used to be sold by the gallon in 1 gallon bottles.
3. It used to be nearly impossible to eat an entire bag of Oreos.
4. McDonald’s used to use styrofoam containers for their sandwiches, including the McDLT (where the hot stays hot and the cold stays cold).
5. There was a time when neither “fun size” or “family size” existed.
6. Rachael Ray didn’t used to be on every other box in the grocery store.
7. Food was labeled “Atkins Friendly” to tell people they could eat whatever they wanted as long as it was low-carb.
8. Kiwis were exotic.
9. Crushing a can on your forehead used to hurt.
10. White Castle fries used to only come in one size.