I’m testing out a few different ad networks in an attempt to figure out how to squeeze a few bucks out of this thing without annoying you too much.
However, some ad networks aren’t playing along. For example, one just sent me a rejection letter with the following explanation:
Your site may have been declined for one or more of the following reasons:
1. We were unable to access and review your website based on the URL
2. We were unable to contact you based on the information provided.
3. You possess an incentive-based website.*
4. Your website was under construction.
5. You do not possess a top-level domain name.
6. The information provided does not match the registered domain
7. Promotion of illegal activities on your website.
8. Gratuitous violence or profanity on your website.
9. Racial, ethnic, political, hate-mongering or otherwise objectionable
content on your website.
10. Sexually explicit, obscene, or offensive content on your website.
11. Record of fraudulent activity on other affiliate networks.
12. Your site does not meet our minimum traffic requirements.
13. We do not accept applicants from your geographic region.
14. Your site is not a good fit with our network.
If you find yourself in need of breaking up with someone, give this strategy a try. Throw 14 possible reasons why breaking up is justified while letting them know that one or more apply to them. But keep them guessing.
Whatever you do, don’t be specific about what they can do to improve. That would be way too helpful.