. . . I’d . . .
1. Use WordPress.org as the platform.
2. Host it with a reliable host like MediaTemple.
3. Burn the site’s feed with FeedBurner.
4. Install a comments subscription plugin.
5. Install a “recent comments” plugin.
6. Install “comments relish” to thank first time commenters.
7. Create a custom, professional, design for the site.
8. Install WP-Cache so I’m ready for the day the site gets a spike in traffic.
9. Write, write, write.
10. Announce the site to my network of friends using Twitter, Facebook, etc.
What would you add?