I’m a big fan of Netflix for movie rentals, but sometimes I question their recommendations. So, I figure if I share what Netflix says is right for me with all of you, I’ll get some feedback on what’s worth adding to my queue and what’s worth passing on. The Wisdom of Crowds at work – or something like that.
So, if you look at the left column of TheDeets.com, you’ll see a new section called “Netflix Recs 4 Me” which lists the 10 latest recommendations Netflix has suggested for me based on my previous watched, ratings, current queue, age, sex, blood type, and special sauce.
Here are the top-10 recommendations from Netflix for me as of this writing:
* Frank Zappa: Apostrophe / Over-Nite Sensation
* Six Feet Under – The Complete Series Gift Set
* Sami Swoi NTSC “Our Folks”
* Amar Te Duele
* CoSM the Movie – Alex Grey and the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors
* Who Killed the Electric Car?
* Hacking Democracy
* Train Man : Densha Otoko
* Weeds – Season 1 [Blu-ray]
* Nine Inch Nails – Live – Beside You in Time
I can tell you right away that Frank Zappa and Nine Inch Nails can go, since I NEVER rent music related content.
Any thoughts on the remaining 8?
BTW, if you’re interested in adding this to your blog, I built the feed using Yahoo Pipes. You can find it here and customize it by simply adding your Netflix ID in the form (explained at Y! Pipes).