ADMINISTRATION MISLEADS ON MISSING EXPLOSIVES
The Bush administration is pushing the theory that the 380 tons of explosives were missing from the Al Qaqaa storage facility before the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. Administration spokesman Dan Senor said on CNN that “there’s a very high probability that those weapons weren’t even there before the war.”
For days, this theory has been in direct conflict with a Pentagon official, who told the Associate Press on Monday, “US-led coalition troops had searched Al Qaqaa in the immediate aftermath of the March 2003 invasion and confirmed that the explosives, which had been under IAEA seal since 1991, were intact.”
Now, video shot in Iraq by a Minneapolis news team provides further proof that the administration’s theory is bogus. After the invasion – on April 18, 2003 – the Minneapolis ABC news crew was stationed just south of the Al Qaqaa facility.3 That day, they drove 2 to 3 miles north with the 101st Airborne Division. There, “members of the 101st Airborne Division showed the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS news crew bunker after bunker of material labeled ‘explosives.'” Some of the boxes were marked “Al Qaqaa.” One soldier told the crew: “we can stick [detonation cords] in those and make some good bombs.” Watch the video:
1. “Paula Zahn Now,” CNN, 10/26/04,
2. “380 tons of explosives missing in Iraq,” Associated Press, 10/25/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1165976&l=65511.
3. “5 EYEWITNESS NEWS video may be linked to missing explosives in Iraq,” KSTP.com, 10/28/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1165976&l=65512.
4. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1165976&l=65512.
5. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1165976&l=65512.
6. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1165976&l=65512.
Visit www.Misleader.org for more about Bush Administration distortion. >