Things have been a little slow around here. What gives? Here’s are a few distractions.
1. I’ve been on the road a bit. Philadelphia & State College, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Vancouver, BC in recent weeks.
2. I managed to rupture a disc in my lower back. This, it turns out, is not a good thing.
3. Vicodin is an excellent pain and productivity killer.
4. Running: not so much. My last run was around Lake Union in Seattle around a month ago.
5. The DQ Mini Blizzards are pretty much the perfect size. I’m currently working my way through the candy bar flavors. Heath tonight. Snickers a few nights ago. The mayorship of the East Lake location is pretty solidly in my hands at this point.
6. Backyard landscape remix. Out with the deck, in with a new patio. It will be ready by the time the first snowflake falls, give or take.
7. Grouponing. I’m sitting on a stack of Groupons that need to be used. The Other Mike has been helping out. If you’re free for lunch or dinner and only mildly care where you eat, let me know.
8. Briefcase conversion. I’ve become a roller briefcase kinda guy. Considering that my briefcase is chock full of copper in the form of a computer, power cords, a 25′ extension cord, and splitter, it gets pretty heavy, which may not be the best thing for the discs in my back.
9. Seward Coop Chalkboard: I’ve been relying on the chalkboard at the Seward Coop for produce choices lately. Frankly, I have no idea how to pick out a fresh peach or avocado, but if the chalkboard says they are the thing to get, they will not disappoint. For example, apricots were killing it a few weeks ago. So good.
10. Bike commute: Did you know that one can coast almost the entire way from the Groveland Tap to the Longfellow Grill on a bike? Here is my route suggestion.