Best Buy RewardZone reminded me that they have an online outlet store. I decided to run some spot checks on their point and shoot digital camera prices vs Amazon’s.
The first price listed is Best Buy’s and the 2nd is Amazon’s (both taken at the same time on March 31).
– FinePix 6.3MP Digital Camera – Silver: $119 vs $129
– Casio – EXILIM 7.2MP Digital Camera – Blue: $179.99 vs $159.88
– Samsung – 8.2MP Digital Camera – Silver: $299.99 vs $249.88
– Samsung – Digimax 5.0MP Digital Camera – Silver: $349.99 vs $349.99
– Spectra – Hello Kitty VGA Digital Camera: $26.99 vs $39.99
– The Cheetah Girls Pix Click Micro Digital Camera: $15.99 vs $27.99
Just because something is sold in an outlet doesn’t mean it’s going to be the best price you can find.
Comparison shopping consumer electronics is very easy. Just search by the product’s model number (and take a minute look beyond Best Buy or Amazon if you’re serious about getting the lowest price).
Does Simon Cowell cry in embarrassment or laugh all the way to the bank every time an American Idol Keychain Digital Camera is sold?